OPRY MILLS’ GRAND RE-OPENING PLANS ANNOUNCED FOR A TENNESSEE INSPIRED CELEBRATION STARTING ON MARCH 29
Family, fashion and Nashville-style events to kick-off this milestone occasion
NASHVILLE, TN (March 12, 2012) – Thousands of eager shoppers are expected to join in on the celebration as Opry Mills reopens on Thursday, March 29 at 10 a.m., as the largest outlet, value retail, dining and entertainment destination in Tennessee. The exciting, Tennessee-inspired Grand Re-Opening, which will kick off with an official ribbon cutting ceremony, will also feature a series of fashion, lifestyle, musical and family-friendly events running through early May.
“For nearly two years, local residents and Nashville visitors looking to enjoy the true Music City experience have been eagerly awaiting the return of Opry Mills,” said Gregg Goodman, president of The Mills. “Opry Mills is coming back strong with an impressive list of stores, restaurants and entertainment venues, enhancing the local economy through new job creation and increased tourism.”
Beginning at 9:30 a.m. on Grand Re-Opening day, a ribbon cutting ceremony will mark this milestone occasion with Nashville and state officials, local business and community leaders and a team from The Mills and Simon Property Group. Throughout the weekend, shoppers will enjoy entertainment, special retailer promotions, incredible incentives and hourly giveaways including thousands of dollars in Simon American Express giftcards.
Shoppers will love Opry Mills’ fashionable roster of stores including our newest retail offerings such as Coach Factory Store, Coach Mens Factory, Express, The LEGO Store, Michael Kors, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, Tommy Bahama Outlet, Vera Bradley and more. Favorites like Banana Republic Factory Store, Fossil, G by Guess, Gap Outlet, J.Crew Factory, LOFT Outlet, Nike Factory Store, Tommy Hilfiger Company Store and XXI Forever will all return to Opry Mills. Plus, delicious dining options such as Aquarium Restaurant, Claim Jumper, Dave & Buster’s, Johnny Rockets, Rainforest Café and Romano’s Macaroni Grill, will add to the shopping experience.
The celebration will continue with a series of interactive and family fun events throughout the following five-week period, which will include:
- Opry Mills Next Big Star®: Up and coming musical talent acts will vie for the chance to perform at Opry Mills during the Grand Re-Opening celebration, including its Southern Nights finale on May 5.
- Easter Sunday: Opry Mills will continue the Grand Re-Opening momentum with special holiday hours of 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Grand Re-Opening Super Sale Weekend April 13 – 15: Guests will be able to take advantage of even deeper discounts from popular participating retailers.
- Tennessee Treasures Opening Celebration April 28 - 29: Children of all ages will enjoy the unveiling of Opry Mills’ new Tennessee Treasures play area and the return of the Simon Kidgits Club. The weekend will also feature family-friendly entertainment on the Entertainment Stage.
- Grand Re-Opening Finale May 4 – 6: Opry Mills will be back on the scene as a favorite fashion and family-fun entertainment destination.
- Today’s style-savvy shoppers will enjoy Trends and Friends Night on Friday, May 4 featuring a series of interactive style events and retailer programming, plus fashion shows on both Friday and Saturday and live entertainment on the Entertainment Stage and throughout the property.
- Opry Mills will celebrate its roots in Music City on May 5 with Southern Nights, a free grand finale concert featuring the winner of Opry Mills Next Big Star® talent search and a major country headliner to be announced soon.
- The concert will culminate with a spectacular fireworks display. Attendees are encouraged to bring canned goods as a donation to Second Harvest Food Bank.
For more Opry Mills’ Grand Re-opening information, including a list of new and returning retailers visit www.oprymills.com or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OpryMills.
About Opry Mills
Opry Mills, the largest outlet and value retail shopping destination in Tennessee, will celebrate its Grand Re-Opening on March 29 with a great collection of fashion forward stores such as Coach Factory Store, Cole Haan, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, XXI Forever, Nike Factory Store, Gap Outlet, New York & Company Outlet, Bose Factory Store, Lucky Brand Outlet and Ann Taylor Factory Store. Shoppers will also enjoy quality dining and entertainment options including Rainforest Café, Aquarium Restaurant, Dave & Buster’s and Regal Opry Mills Stadium 20 & IMAX. Opry Mills’ famous Entertainment Stage and Tennessee Treasures play area will further enhance the family shopping experience.
Opry Mills is located seven miles from downtown Nashville, between Interstates 40 and 65, and is within walking distance of the Grand Ole Opry and the 2,800-room Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center. Regular hours are 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Sunday. For more information on Opry Mills, please call (615) 514-1000 or visit www.oprymills.com. Opry Mills also may be found on Facebook (www.facebook.com/OpryMills) and on Twitter @shOpryMills.
About The Mills, A Simon Company
The Mills®, one of Simon Property Group's five real estate platforms, is comprised of 16 value-oriented retail destinations totaling over 24 million square feet. The Mills offers a unique brand of shopping with a mix of popular name brand outlets, value retailers and full-price stores, plus family-oriented dining and entertainment concepts. The Mills are well-located in major metropolitan markets and many are recognized as leading tourism destinations. Notable properties include Arundel Mills (Baltimore), Gurnee Mills (Chicago), Grapevine Mills (Dallas), Ontario Mills (Los Angeles), Opry Mills (Nashville), Potomac Mills (Washington, DC) and Sawgrass Mills (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami).
Simon Property Group, Inc. is an S&P 500 company and the largest real estate company in the U.S. The Company currently owns or has an interest in 337 retail real estate properties comprising 245 million square feet of gross leasable area in North America, Europe and Asia. Simon Property Group is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana and employs more than 5,000 people worldwide. The Company's common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol SPG. For further information, visit the Simon Property Group website at www.simon.com.
# # #